Thursday, June 28, 2007

Audio Demo of Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL)

In celebration of "Better Hearing and Speech Month" in May, I put together a presentation for Clark Magnet High School. I'm posting an audio clip I played from my iPod to the students. It is an simulated audio clip of what noise induced hearing loss (NIHL) may sound like.


Here is some information and the clip from Health & Safety Executive that was shared with me by a friend of mine, who is an audiologist.
------------------------
Audio Demonstration of Noise-Induced Hearing Loss


Noise induced hearing loss is irreversible damage to the ears caused by exposure to high levels of noise. This recording demonstrates how hearing is gradually lost over a working life. Do NOT adjust the volume after starting to listen to the clip.
The hearing loss simulations all include the effects of noise exposure and aging. At the end of each simulation the hearing undamaged by noise for the age can be heard.
Click on the link below to listen to the audio demonstration.
To save this demonstration to your computer - right click on the link and select 'save link as'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Bonjour I'd like to thank you for such a great quality site!
Just thought this is a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/harry-potter-party-supplies.html]harry potter Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Hertfordshire hearing home visits said...

Wear ear plugs or special earmuffs when you are exposed to dangerous levels of noise; they can keep your hearing from being damaged. Hearing protection is important any time you're exposed to loud noise.